The City of Winnipeg's proposed budget includes several cuts to Winnipeg Transit. Transit riders, workers and advocates know that the City needs to be investing more in Winnipeg Transit and not less. Please join us for a Community Forum as we talk about the impact of the cuts, how we can fight back in the short term and work to present an alternative to the status quo.
Please join us on Wednesday, November 20th from 6:30pm-9pm at the Union Centre, 275 Broadway in the 2nd floor auditorium.
1. The City Budget 101: What is being proposed and is history repeating itself.
2. Climate Change: What do these cuts mean for our environment (Nicole Roach, Green Action Centre) (3-5 minutes)
3. Riders Perspective: Functional Transit Winnipeg will discuss efforts so far to improve transit and why the City is making the wrong choice. (3-5 minutes
4. Workers Point of View- an ATU representative will talk about declining service and how it affects our members.
5. Committee 101- how to call, click and connect with your councillor. This section will give you the tools to present at the November 28th public meeting and how to best contact your councillor to get the message across.
6. Group discussions over possible next steps.
7. Group feedback and next steps.
This forum is presented by the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1505 (representing Winnipeg Transit maintenance professionals and bus operators), Functional Transit Winnipeg, a transit advocacy organization that has fought to improve service for many years and the Social Planning Council of Winnipeg.
More information on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/567333177358988/?notif_t=plan_user_associated¬if_id=1573843241498314